Pages

24 June 2012

Charles Williams & the FRC

Years ago, I wrote a post about Charles Williams and the Order of the Golden Dawn. An anonymous commenter recently reminded me of something that I have learned in the intervening time and have been intending to post about.

In that post, I ignorantly perpetuated an error about Charles Williams that is of long duration and has been widely repeated.

Charles Williams was never a member of the Order of the Golden Dawn. Instead, he was a member of the Fellowship of the Rosy Cross. What follows in this series of posts is a brief history of his involvement, including a bit of back-story that discusses the relationship and differences between those two groups. I've divided it into several posts and will index them here as I post them, in case you want to jump to a certain section.


No comments: