Pages

28 March 2012

Ekphrasis Report #15

So as you know if you follow this blog, I came back from New York City on fire with ideas for Ekphrasis to take over the world. Aaaaand... I shared my ideas with my brilliant and sensible and talented and realistic fellow Ekphrasians, who debated over the first idea (purchasing advertising in the programs of local arts events) for AN HOUR, and then decided to go with only a modified version. Look for free advertising venues.

That's grand. I love my Ekphrasians, and they're right. We're not ready to monetize. So I've made a nice poster advertizing Ekphrasis, and we'll start hanging it around town sometime. Probably not until the fall, though, because there are only two more meetings (April & June) before our schedule goes whacky for the summer. I guess we'll stay as we are until autumn. And that's lovely.

Our March meeting was well attended, with JH, MD, JF, SG, MB, EG, AL, MS, & SH present. You don't need to know that, because if you were there, you know, and if you weren't, you don't care: so I guess we're recording for posterity, after we've stopped debating and taken over the world!

We began by watching a video of a Country Dance from Jane Austen's era performed by members of Ekphrasis (with some help by a few others) at my POETRY, DANCE, & THE PATTERNED GLORY OF THE UNIVERSE event at Living Hope Church that had occurred just the evening before this meeting,on March 4th. You can watch that video here.

Then I shared with the group some of the insights from my trip to the International Arts Movement meeting in NYC.

And THEN we finally got into the workshopping for the evening.

EG presented her poem, "The Stranger" that explored her relationship with her grandfather.

MB read another chapter in her forthcoming bestseller "Meg's Adventures in Fairyland". (Ok, that's not really the title).

MS briefly presented the book "Art that Tells the Story" that presents the Story of the Bible through works of art.

AL MB presented AL's dramatic dialog between Perpetua, a young Roman woman and convert to Christianity and her father.

SG presented "Hoth", a monologue that explores the interaction between election and free will.

Thanks to JF, who took notes on our meeting so I could type up my own rambling version therefrom!

Tweet

Share


No comments: