Pages

02 August 2006

Glen Workshop

I'm in Santa Fe this week, for the Glen Workshop put on by Image Journal. I am discovering some great poets here (Jeanine Hathaway, Thomas Lynch). I have already spent a good deal more than the cost of my plane ticket at the book table run by Eighth Day Books (from Witchita, KS), which the folks from Image call the bookstore from Heaven, and I'd have to agree. It rivals the Regent Bookstore at Regent College, which is my favorite place to spend money. The Glen Workshop is held on the campus of St. John's College, one of the premiere colleges based on the "Great Books" curriculum. It also has a delicious bookstore for browsing in -- awesome selections in literature, philosophy, poetry, etc. OK, so this is an advertising post. I'll have more to say of substance by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Sørina Higgins said...

You've certainly whetted my appetite. Once BreadLoaf is over, I have some letters after my name, and my summers are mine again, I can think about delicious workshops like that, or like the C. S. Lewis seminars here in Headington, or (hum) like a real summer vacation! But I don't think I'd know what to do in a summer without studies of some sort, would you?

Can't wait to see the poetry etc. that you bring away from this workshop, Rosie!